Rash Treatment in Las Vegas, NV
A rash is a temporary eruption or discoloration of the skin and can be inflamed or swollen. At Lux Dermatology we have the resources to eliminate those annoying, pesky rashes and return your skin back to normal.
Rash is not a specific diagnosis. Instead it refers to any sort of skin inflammation and/or discoloration that distorts the skin’s normal appearance.
Common rashes include:
- Poison Ivy (Or any similar poisonous plants)
- Athlete’s Foot
Rashes last depending on its cause (they can disappear within a few days). However, rashes lasting more than expected should be evaluated by a doctor.
Depending on the rash, treatment is common but does vary.
- Infections: Bacterial infections can be treated with antibiotics.
- Allergic Reactions: A severe allergic reaction can be life-threatening and will require medical emergency. Epinephrine helps raise low blood pressure and antihistamines help suppress the immune system’s reaction.
- Irritants: Irritants such as diaper rash is treated by frequently changing diapers and using nonprescription ointments such as zinc oxide and mineral oil.
- Poisonous Plants: The skin must be flushed with warm water to remove the allergenic substance. Once washed, lather with soap and water. If soap was used immediately before washing, it can spread the allergenic plant on unaffected skin.
At Lux Dermatology we fully understand how rashes work and can help in successfully treating all types. Schedule your appointment today by calling (702) 233 – GLOW (4569).